Our next competition, the North Bay League Championships, will be held on Friday, November 6 at Spring Lake. For most of our team, this will be their final cross country competition of the season, and for a few, the last cross country meet of their high school careers.
What's at stake this coming Friday?
- 4 races to determine league Boys JV, Girls JV, Varsity Boys, and Varsity Girls champions. All 8 schools in the North Bay league will be participating in the meet.
- The Pumas have a great tradition of "wow" performances at this competition - we take tremendous pride in delivering our very best efforts at league finals. We would like to join many Carrillo teams from previous years that were able to sweep first place team awards in each of the 4 contests.
- Varsity Boys: will face a very tough challenge from Santa Rosa High. The Pumas narrowly won when these schools faced off in their regular season league meet. The Puma boys seek to improve on their 12th all-time team time set last week against Montgomery. Santa Rosa's team ran the 13th fastest team time just two weeks ago - so these teams are very evenly matched.
- Varsity Girls: will seek to win their 7th consecutive NBL title and extend their league winning streak to 98 consecutive contests. They will try to improve on their 15th all-time ranking as a team at Spring Lake.
- JV Boys: This will be the final competition of the year for our JV teams and a final chance to run best times at the Spring Lake course. Conditions permitting, our goal is to see 9 guys run below 18:00 - including 2 guys under 17:00. The team time goal is to beat the all-time best JV time of 1:27:22 (2005). We will challenge the JV boys to be the 4th fastest boys team time on the day - meaning that they will seek run faster than all but the Varsity teams of 2 other schools in league.
- JV Girls: If conditions permit, we think its possible to see 7 girls finish under 22:00 - including 5 under 21:00, and perhaps one under 20:00. The team time goal is to beat the all-time JV best of 1:45:27. Similar to the JV Boys, we will challenge this group to post the 4th fastest team time on the day (including varsity results).